[gdal-dev] vsis3 to access a .vrt

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Apr 17 14:07:20 PDT 2020

On vendredi 17 avril 2020 15:49:58 CEST Brian wrote:
> Is using vsis3 to access a vrt possible? I have exhausted my debugging
> skills. I can read .tifs just fine but as soon as I try a vrt it gives me
> corrupt empty or missing file. The call for using vsis3 is coming from
> mapserver but I thought this would be a gdal issue. Could anyone verify for
> me that accessing a .vrt is possible with vsis3? If not how should I be
> accessing it?

Works for me (TM). There's no reason that accessing .vrt through /vsis3/ wouldn't work as
well/as worse than a .tif

You'd have to be more specific of what you do exactly, errors you get, etc etc

Perhaps check the content of the VRT itself. If source filenames are correct, if the
relativeToVRT attribute is properly set, etc

Even