[gdal-dev] Can't read get a spatial reference from Geotiffs exported from QGIS (c++ API)

Craig Delancy cdelancy at blackfangtechnologies.com
Wed Apr 22 05:35:23 PDT 2020

Hello.

I am building an application around GDAL using the C++ API, but I have ran into a snag.
Normally, after using GDAL Open on a Geotiff file, I am able to get a spatial reference containing all the information I need about the projection.
However, when I try to get a spatial reference from a Geotiff that was specifically exported from QGIS, it is always NULL.

Does anyone know why this is or have suggestions for me to look into?
So far, the only files like this are specifically from QGIS, which is strange to me.

Thank you.