[gdal-dev] VRT file and CSV source with strange name: "Failed to open datasource"

aborruso aborruso at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 23:11:32 PDT 2020

Hi,
I have this source CSV that I would like to manage via VRT file

ogrinfo --debug ON
CSV:"/vsicurl_streaming/https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTwuYdMYS7vKJnTETwycLEGPFG2pwhxIlPMeChXuluRLjApQwhzEy_gUgsw_9lVRrAmGhAHWEj9LDV7/pub?gid=0&single=true&output=csv"
"pub?gid=0&single=true&output=csv" -oo X_POSSIBLE_NAMES=LON -oo
Y_POSSIBLE_NAMES=LAT

The layer name I have is "pub?gid=0&single=true&output=csv".

But if I use this vrt file (I have escaped "&" char, and changed it in
"&"

<OGRVRTDataSource>
<OGRVRTLayer name="pub?gid=0&single=true&output=csv">
    <SrcDataSource relativeToVRT="0">

CSV:/vsicurl_streaming/https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTwuYdMYS7vKJnTETwycLEGPFG2pwhxIlPMeChXuluRLjApQwhzEy_gUgsw_9lVRrAmGhAHWEj9LDV7/pub?gid=0&single=true&output=csv
	</SrcDataSource>
    <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
    <LayerSRS>WGS84</LayerSRS>
    <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="LON" y="LAT"/>
</OGRVRTLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>

and run "ogrinfo --debug ON input.vrt", I have

ERROR 1: Failed to open datasource
`CSV:/vsicurl_streaming/https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTwuYdMYS7vKJnTETwycLEGPFG2pwhxIlPMeChXuluRLjApQwhzEy_gUgsw_9lVRrAmGhAHWEj9LDV7/pub?gid=0&single=true&output=csv
        '

What's wrong in my vrt file?