[gdal-dev] VRT file and CSV source with strange name: "Failed to open datasource"

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Apr 30 02:31:43 PDT 2020

> and run "ogrinfo --debug ON input.vrt", I have

Works for me. On 2.4, I've had to add -ro to prevent the driver from trying first update mode
and emitted warning/errors, but even without it, it managed to open the datasource

Tip: with the VRT you can actually put a nice layer name. Put the layer name you want in the
name attribute of OGRVRTLayer, and add a <SrcLayer> element whose text is pub?
gid=0&single=true&output=csv :

<OGRVRTDataSource>
<OGRVRTLayer name="foo">
    <SrcDataSource relativeToVRT="0">CSV:/vsicurl_streaming/https://docs.google.com/
spreadsheets/d/e/
2PACX-1vTwuYdMYS7vKJnTETwycLEGPFG2pwhxIlPMeChXuluRLjApQwhzEy_gUgsw_9lVRrA
mGhAHWEj9LDV7/pub?gid=0&single=true&output=csv</SrcDataSource>
    <SrcLayer>pub?gid=0&single=true&output=csv</SrcLayer>
    <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
    <LayerSRS>WGS84</LayerSRS>
    <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="LON" y="LAT"/>
</OGRVRTLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>

Even