[gdal-dev] S-57 driver Generic attribute DSNM

loïc loic at justmagic.com
Thu Apr 30 18:12:28 PDT 2020

Hello,

After reading this documentation concerning the S-57 driver :

https://gdal.org/drivers/vector/s57.html

I thought the attribute DSNM ( Dataset name) should be defined on all features, no ?

But on the source code, the method S57GenerateStandardAttributes (s57featuredefns.cpp) always attaches theses standard feature attributes :
GRUP, OBJL, RVER, AGEN, FIDN, FIDS but there is no mention of the DSNM attribute.

Is it a mistake in the documentation? In the code? Or just a misunderstanding on my side?

Thank you for your clarification,

-- loïc