[gdal-dev] PDF generation on Linux

Kélian Devillier kelian.devillier at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 05:58:01 PDT 2020

Hello,

I'm trying to work with GeospatialPDF generation from an XML file on Linux.

Using Ubuntu 18.04, I compiled the sources from version 3.0.4 myself.

Unfortunately, when I tried to execute the Python script with my xml, I got
the following message :
ERROR 6: PDF node not supported due to PDF read support in this GDAL build

Is it due to the fact that I don't have any PDF viewer capable of reading
GeospatialPDF installed ?
And if that is the case, is there any way of bypassing the error, given
that I can just transfer the file to a Windows system to read it.

Thanks in advance.

Kélian D.