[gdal-dev] Usage of GDA_DATA in GDAL3

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Aug 18 02:48:55 PDT 2020

On mardi 18 août 2020 10:27:21 CEST Javier Jimenez Shaw wrote:
> I see there are still *.wkt files in gdal/data. Is it still needed?
> I would like to remove the call to CPLSetConfigOption("GDAL_DATA"...), but
> now I am suspicious.

There are a number of resources in the data/ directory that are needed by some
drivers. If you know exactly which drivers you are going to use, and you know
they don't need resources in data/, then you might skip it.

The few .wkt files may be used by the ECW driver or importing State Plane
definitions from ESRI (can be triggered when reading some GeoTIFF files coming
from ESRI software)

Even