[gdal-dev] Create a network

Dmitry Baryshnikov bishop.dev at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 06:02:56 PDT 2020

Hi,

In case of polylines (i.e. road segments, single layer) - each polyline
is vertex and edge is pure virtual (so it identifier is -1).

There are different cases, for example:

1. Water network with pipes (vertices) and edges (valves)

2. Road network - each road segment is vertex, edges are virtual

3. Product supply chain - warehouses, shops are vertices, edges may be
virtual or real roads.

Best regards,
     Dmitry