[gdal-dev] Required PROJ data in PROJ7

Michael Smith michael.smith.erdc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 14:57:29 PDT 2020

John

New proj now adds support for geotiffs for datums, much smaller and can be accessed over net, subset, etc. There is a CDN for the data, cdn.prog.org as well as a utility for fetching data, https://proj.org/apps/projsync.html.
You can use the online CDN to just fetch what a user needs at runtime and never download, or you can download ahead of time, whatever subsets you need.

Mike

--
Michael Smith
US Army Corps of Engineers