[gdal-dev] OGR python : write binary data in layer

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Dec 16 13:28:21 PST 2020

Guilhain,

On mercredi 16 décembre 2020 21:52:41 CET Guilhain Averlant wrote:
> I wrote a ticket on gis.stackexchange.combut I didn't get a satisfactory
> answer, so I ask my question here.
>
> I'm trying to create a memory layer with gdal/ogr python that contains a
> Binary Field.
>
> But I didn't succeed, where am I wrong?

Probably nothing. I'm not sure why we don't have an override for this. Perhaps
because OFTBinary is rather exotic and nobody strongly needed it before.
Perhaps some (past) Python2/3 dilemna too

You can use f.SetFieldBinaryFromHexString(field_name,
												  binary_as_hex_string)

where e.g. binary_as_hex_string = binascii.hexlify(b'hello world')

Even