[gdal-dev] Issue with gdalcompare.py and Proj 8

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Fri Dec 18 03:57:47 PST 2020

Hi,

The proj.db in Proj version 8 (installed with OSGeo4W) is a bit different than it used to be and therefore gdalcompare.py fails with this error:

ERROR 1: PROJ: proj_create_from_database: SQLite error on SELECT name, coordinate_system_auth_name, coordinate_system_code, geodetic_crs_auth_name, geodetic_crs_code, conversion_auth_name, conversion_code, area_of_use_auth_name, area_of_use_code, text_definition, deprecated FROM projected_crs WHERE auth_name = ? AND code = ?: no such column: area_of_use_auth_name

There seems to be a few fields which are not present in the new version of the projected_crs table: scope, area_of_use_auth_name, area_of_use_code.

I believe that the proj.db is as it should for Proj 8 and gdalcompare needs a fix but I am not quite sure. The code that builds proj.db is in PROJ/build_db.py at master * OSGeo/PROJ (github.com)<https://github.com/OSGeo/PROJ/blob/master/scripts/build_db.py>.

-Jukka Rahkonen-