[gdal-dev] How do I install GDAL on Windows 10?

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Feb 25 05:12:15 PST 2020

If you are looking for a simple zipfile, you can download MS4W
(https://ms4w.com/) which contains GDAL 2.4.4 and Python 3.7.5 -
GeoPandas hasn't been added yet to MS4W, but there is already a ticket
filed so it will be added to a future version soon.

Some steps for you:
- extract MS4W to drive root, so after extraction you have C:/ms4w
- open a command window and cd into /ms4w
- setenv.bat
- gdalinfo --version

You can then get more assistance from the MS4W community at
https://ms4w.com/forum/

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna