[gdal-dev] Transform produces different results from 2.2.4 and 3.0.2 or 3.0.3

Carsten Lockenkötter carsten.lockenkoetter at gon.de
Tue Jan 28 23:30:17 PST 2020

I ran into the same problem a while back.
My solution was to change the AxisMapStrategy to OAMS_TRADITION_GIS_ORDER.

You can read more about this here:
https://gdal.org/tutorials/osr_api_tut.html

My code in C#:

            var source = new SpatialReference("");
            var destination = new SpatialReference("");
            Geometry ogrGeom = null;
            CoordinateTransformation transform = null;

	//set spatialrefrence for source and destinaton epsg
                source.ImportFromEPSG(sourceEPSG);
                destination.ImportFromEPSG(destEPSG);

	  source.SetAxisMappingStrategy(AxisMappingStrategy.OAMS_TRADITIONAL_GIS_ORDER);
                 destination.SetAxisMappingStrategy(AxisMappingStrategy.OAMS_TRADITIONAL_GIS_ORDER);

                //create coordinate transformation with source and destination spatialreference
                transform = new CoordinateTransformation(source, destination);

                //create a gdal geometry object from Wkt and transform it
                ogrGeom = Geometry.CreateFromWkt(geom.Value);

                ogrGeom.Transform(transform);
                //export transformed geometry
                ogrGeom.ExportToWkt(out string outGeom);