[gdal-dev] Current state of Winkel Tripel projection support

Dominique Lyszczarz domlysz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 03:14:16 PDT 2020

Hi all,

I'm trying to reproject a raster from WGS84 to Winkel Tripel (EPSG 54030)
but unfortunately I encounter some error messages :

non-convergent inverse meridional dist
latitude or longitude exceeded limits

I've found some old messages about PROJ not supporting Winkel Tripel
projection because of a missing inverse transformation function. But I've
the feeling that this projection is better supported now. So I would like
to know if there are still limitations with it and hopefully some
explainations about these errors and a possible workaround. Currently I've
tried to reduce the target extent but with no luck.

Regards