[gdal-dev] SRC_METHOD=NO_GEOTRANSFORM

Richard r.l.morley82 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 01:16:45 PDT 2020

Hi GDAL team,

I was hoping someone could shed some light on my error log. When I try to run “clip raster by mask layer” from the GUI in QGIS I get the following in the log:

ERROR 1: The transformation is already "north up" or a transformation between pixel/line and georeferenced coordinates cannot be computed for /c1d.tif. There is no affine transformation and no GCPs. Specify transformation option SRC_METHOD=NO_GEOTRANSFORM to bypass this check.

The default CRS is set for the input parameters, and the project is set to no projection as I’m working with non cartesian data. I’m trying to figure out if this “SRC_METHOD=NO_GEOTRANSFORM” is the answer, but I can’t find anything about it in the GDAL python API index? I’m thinking that QGIS simply isn’t explicitly passing the projection on.

Any input would be gratefully received,

Richard