[gdal-dev] Help request for data alignment issue

Jessica Evans Jessica.Evans at jbarisk.com
Wed Jun 17 04:42:02 PDT 2020

Hi

Wondering if anyone can help.

I am currently trying to use osgeo gdal.Warp to resample and reproject a GeoTiff (from EPSG:26916 NAD83 / UTM zone 16N to EPSG:102008 North America Albers), but also to get the data to align with other data that has been processed using ArcGIS.

I can get the data to align if I first translate the GeoTiff, setting "GEOTIFF_KEYS_FLAVOR"="ESRI_PE" creation option and create a new file, then run the warp operation on this new file.

What is the best way to force the alignment with ArcGIS data without creating this intermediate file? This will need to be run on files that are several tens of GBs in size, so I want to avoid making lots of copies of huge files.

I have tried going via a VRT, but the GEOTIFF_KEYS_FLAVOR option is only available for GeoTiffs. I've also tried using gdal_edit to manually edit the projection WKT in place and then pass that through gdalwarp, but this does not align the data. Editing the projection WKT with gdal_translate to create a new tiff for the warp operation seems to work just fine, but like I said I'd like to avoid creating new file because of their size.

I realise the most obvious answer is not to use ArcGIS, but that isn't an option for us at the moment.

Thanks in advance,
Jessica

[JBA COVID-19 statement]<https://www.jbagroup.co.uk/sites/www.jbagroup.co.uk/files/documents/15-030%20JBA%20Business%20Continuity%20Briefing%20-%20Latest.pdf>

T +44 (0) 1756 799919
www.jbarisk.com<http://www.jbarisk.com>

[Visit our website]<http://www.jbarisk.com> [http://www.jbagroup.co.uk/imgstore/JBA-Email-Sig-Icons-LINKEDIN.png]  [Follow us on Twitter] <https://twitter.com/jbarisk>
Our postal address and registered office is JBA Risk Management Limited, 1 Broughton Park, Old Lane North, Broughton, Skipton, North Yorkshire BD23 3FD.

Find out more about us here: www.jbarisk.com<http://www.jbarisk.com/> and follow us on Twitter @JBARisk<http://twitter.com/JBARisk> and LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/2370847?trk=tyah&trkInfo=clickedVertical%3Acompany%2CclickedEntityId%3A2370847%2Cidx%3A2-1-2%2CtarId%3A1447414259786%2Ctas%3AJBA%20RISK%20MANAGEMENT>

The JBA Group supports the JBA Trust.

All JBA Risk Management's email messages contain confidential information and are intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your system.

JBA Risk Management Limited is registered in England, company number 07732946, 1 Broughton Park, Old Lane North, Broughton, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 3FD, Telephone: +441756799919