[gdal-dev] Problems with latest pdfium

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Jun 28 16:53:27 PDT 2020

I'm getting multiple errors trying to compile PDF support with pdfium.

pdfdataset.cpp:1557:61: error: reference to type 'const CFX_TextRenderOptions'
      could not bind to an rvalue of type 'int'
                                                     color, 0 /* text_flags */);
                                                            ^
/Users/Shared/unix/pdfium-sierra/include/pdfium/core/fxge/cfx_renderdevice.h:166:52: note:
      passing argument to parameter 'options' here
                      const CFX_TextRenderOptions& options);
                                                   ^
pdfdataset.cpp:1644:36: error: no member named 'MakeUnique' in namespace
      'pdfium'
    pContext->m_pOptions = pdfium::MakeUnique<CPDF_RenderOptions>();
                           ~~~~~~~~^
pdfdataset.cpp:1644:47: error: 'CPDF_RenderOptions' does not refer to a value
    pContext->m_pOptions = pdfium::MakeUnique<CPDF_RenderOptions>();
                                              ^
/Users/Shared/unix/pdfium-sierra/include/pdfium/fpdfsdk/cpdfsdk_helpers.h:35:7: note:
      declared here
class CPDF_RenderOptions;
      ^

At least for MakeUnique, I see a change from 6 weeks ago that they dropped MakeUnique.

Since there are no releases for pdfium (that I could find, other than the numerous "chromium" branches), is there a revision that is known to work that I can checkout? (I could go back to before the MakeUnique change, but there may be other earlier breaking changes.)

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy