[gdal-dev] Error while opeing Dataset

NSquare technonsquare at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 03:45:51 PDT 2020

Hi Folks,

I am trying to explore GDAL raster APIs for reading i_3001a.ntf. I have
installed GDAL using miniconda on Ubuntu 18.04 and referring to the Raster
API tutorial open sample file downloaded from here
<https://www.gwg.nga.mil/ntb/baseline/software/testfile/Nitfv2_1/scen_2_1.html>
.

Below is the code snippet I have written to open the file,

        GDALDataset *poDataset;

    GDALAllRegister();

    poDataset =
static_cast<GDALDataset*>(GDALOpen("../i_3001a_reader/images/i_3001a.ntf",
GA_ReadOnly));

    if (poDataset == nullptr)

    {

        cout << "Couldn't open i_3001a.ntf file" << endl;

    }

On running this code getting below error,

*proj_context_get_database_path: Open of
/home/nishant/miniconda3/share/proj failed*

Am I missing any step? Please suggest.

Kind Regards,
Nishant