[gdal-dev] netcdf warnings

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sun Mar 1 03:08:16 PST 2020

Joaquim,

> There are a couple of issues that show when I run this test case.

Thanks for reporting. This turned out to be a regression in master, in raster
Create() support, related to the addition of CF-1.8 Simple Geometries writing.
Now fixed

> I see that the x,y coordinates are always named "lon,lat" but data is not in
> geographics those names are not true.

GDAL defaults to geographic coordinates, if there's no explicit setting of the
CRS. As far as I can see in CF conventions, there's no way to define a
unspecified projected coordinate systems, and as the driver stick to CF
conventions, that's the likely reason for the current behaviour.

Even