[gdal-dev] cannot write to gdal_array

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Mar 13 10:01:31 PDT 2020

On vendredi 13 mars 2020 16:23:27 CET Jon Morris wrote:
> Thanks for the quick fix, Even! Glad it wasn't just something I'd missed.
>
> I'm not entirely clear on the uses for gdal_array. Are there cases where it
> is better than using a MEM raster?

I don't think so. It uses the MEM driver underneath. This is just a matter of
using different entry points to the same backend.

> Is there any more detailed documentation?

Not sure. Documentation is not the strongest point of the bindings :-) Looking
at unit tests / using the search function in the github repo is sometimes
useful to find relevant snippets.

Even