[gdal-dev] Building on windows

Darrel Maddy darrel.maddy at newcastle.ac.uk
Sun Mar 15 05:08:04 PDT 2020

I have recently switched back to windows for a specific project that uses the gdal library.  I am getting the following error on compilation of the VS project
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Enterprise\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.22.27905\bin\HostX86\x64\cl.EXE"' : return code '0x2'

The cl.exe file is present in the directory (there are a number of similar messages that follow)  and I am unsure how to proceed. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Darrel