[gdal-dev] Building on windows

Darrel Maddy darrel.maddy at newcastle.ac.uk
Tue Mar 24 03:50:03 PDT 2020

Not having much luck here.  Anyone got any further suggestions?

I turned to windows because of a problem with my linux build  - this is throwing up errors such as

/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/include/avx512fintrin.h(1761): error: identifier "__builtin_ia32_sqrtsd_round" is undefined
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/include/avx512fintrin.h(1770): error: identifier "__builtin_ia32_sqrtss_round" is undefined

eclipse indicates these errors are being thrown during access to gdal.h .  This program compiled and ran without error until last week. I have not done anything to the gdal library or updated anything that I am aware of. I will move back to linux if I can resolve this issue so any suggestions for this would also be welcome.

If I cannot resolve these then I will move away from gdal as a general library and write some generic data access tools.

Thanks

Darrel