[gdal-dev] S-57 driver Generic attribute DSNM

Andreas Oxenstierna ao at t-kartor.se
Sun May 3 00:39:44 PDT 2020

Hi

I have not checked the GDAL implementation but DSNM is an unneccessary
addition to the S57 spec to generate a (potential unique) GUID.
S57 spec has no GUID definition, IDs needs only be to unique inside a
dataset/ENC cell.

DSNM belongs to the dataset-wide DSID fields, see 6.3.2 in
https://iho.int/uploads/user/pubs/standards/s-57/20ApB1.pdf