[gdal-dev] S-57 driver Generic attribute DSNM

kusala nine kusala9 at googlemail.com
Sun May 3 01:54:22 PDT 2020

DSNM is dataset name. I'ts defined in the DSID which only occurs in the
first field/subfield group in the dataset - not sure what the driver does
in respect of it. In terms of identifiers s-57 has "FOID"s, so each feature
has a unique id made up of a combination of the agency code  and two
integers. These are used to identify features and take the place of the
GUID, Foods don't repeat in a dataset but can represent a feature leaving
and entering a cell... Hope this helps.

Jonathan,.