[gdal-dev] Example NITF files with TRE

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Tue May 5 14:59:47 PDT 2020

I assume you know gdal already has a parser, and that for some commercial or technical reason you need to write your own.

My test resources are at https://github.com/codice/imaging-nitf/tree/master/shared-test-resources/src/main/resources - clearly some overlap with yours.

I'm not aware of any (public) use of RES, and there will be TREs and DES that are never public.
You might need to use gdal (or my equivalent approach) to create files for some of the newer TREs/DESs (e.g. those using gzip compression).

Brad