[gdal-dev] gdal_viewshed

Pedro VenĂ¢ncio pedrongvenancio at gmail.com
Thu May 7 16:52:29 PDT 2020

Hi Eli,

Does -tz 10.0 in effect raise your DEM target elevation by 10 units?

> Was the observer height of -oz 21.6 the same for all three as well?

I'm using
-oz 21.6 to put my observer at 21.6 meters above the DEM (it is a
watch-tower);
-tz10.0 to put the target at 10 meters above the DEM (representing a smoke
plume).

Or am I misunderstanding the documentation of gdal_viewshed?

-oz <value> The height of the observer above the DEM surface in the height
unit of the DEM. Default: 2
-tz <value> The height of the target above the DEM surface in the height
unit of the DEM. Default: 0

Thanks Eli!

Best regards,
Pedro