[gdal-dev] how to install gdal from source?

Sandra Maksimovic sandra.maksimovic at mcri.edu.au
Sun May 10 22:37:07 PDT 2020

Hi all,

I'm trying to install GDAL v3.1.0 with Proj v6.2.1 on CentOS 7.7. I am continually receiving the following error during the make step:

../gdal.h:44:26: fatal error: gdal_version.h: No such file or directory
#include "gdal_version.h"

I have tried including the headers from the OS installed version of GDAL (v1.11.4) to no avail. Here is my configure line:

./configure --prefix=$PREFIX --with-proj=$PROJDIR --includedir=/usr/include/gdal --with-threads --with-libtiff=internal --with-geotiff=internal --with-jpeg=internal --with-gif=internal --with-png=internal --with-libz=internal

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sandra Maksimovic
Systems Administrator
Information Technology

Murdoch Children's Research Institute
The Royal Children's Hospital, 50 Flemington Road
Parkville, Victoria 3052 Australia

T    +61 3 8341 6498
E    sandra.maksimovic at mcri.edu.au<mailto:sandra.maksimovic at mcri.edu.au>
W   mcri.edu.au<https://www.mcri.edu.au/>

Disclaimer

This e-mail and any attachments to it (the "Communication") are, unless otherwise stated, confidential, may contain copyright material and is for the use only of the intended recipient. If you receive the Communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete the Communication and the return e-mail, and do not read, copy, retransmit or otherwise deal with it. Any views expressed in the Communication are those of the individual sender only, unless expressly stated to be those of Murdoch Children’s Research Institute (MCRI) ABN 21 006 566 972 or any of its related entities. MCRI does not accept liability in connection with the integrity of or errors in the Communication, computer virus, data corruption, interference or delay arising from or in respect of the Communication.