[gdal-dev] how to install gdal from source?

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at osgeopt.pt
Mon May 11 01:36:08 PDT 2020

Hi Sandra,

Are you switch to gdal/gdal? You shouldn't have to add a includedir for
gdal. gdal_version.h is included in the code, at gcore/gdal_version.h

Here my recipe to compile gdal (on Ubuntu):

git clone https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal
cd gdal/gdal
./autogen.sh
./configure --with-python=python3 --with-proj=/usr/local --with-pg=yes
--with-poppler
make -j8
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig