[gdal-dev] Problem building GDAL with Teigha ODA libraries

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu May 14 02:28:50 PDT 2020

Paulo,

> I was wondering if you could help with a problem I encountered when
> building GDAL with the Open Design Alliance Libraries (ODA >= 2021) on
> Linux.

Linking against ODA libs is always a pain. What I did to get Windows build working is to grep
for symbols names in the .lib to find which one where exposing the missing symbols that
were reported when linking GDAL. You could probably do the same on the Linux ODA .so, or
use objdump -TC on the .so to have the demangled C++ symbols

When you are doing trial & error, you can directly edit GDALmake.opt to speed up the
process (instead of patching configure and re-run it)

For pcre_study, you need -lpcre. But that should normally already be in the linking line if
libpcre is available (libpcre-dev package on Ubuntu)

Even