[gdal-dev] armadillo error with homebrew install of ogr2ogr

Marsh, Chris chris.marsh at usask.ca
Tue Nov 10 11:47:55 PST 2020

I just checked on my machine and I have Armadillo 10.1.0 and GDAL 3.1.3 from homebrew core  and running `ogr2ogr` returns the help page correctly.

Looking at the formula, and I don't even see a dependency on Armadillo for GDAL
https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/blob/master/Formula/gdal.rb

Are you using the osgeo4mac tap? If so, then it's a problem with their build script as per this issue
https://github.com/OSGeo/homebrew-osgeo4mac/issues/1399

core has the up to date gdal and proj now, so I'm no longer sure of the benefit of using osgeo4mac; current suggested work around is to actually use the core gdal to avoid this problem
https://github.com/OSGeo/homebrew-osgeo4mac/issues/1399#issuecomment-722482161

I would remove anything installed from the osgeo4mac tap, remove the tap, install gdal core and see.
Alternatively you are up and running with the symlink so I hope the above gives you an explanation as to the problem

Cheers
Chris