[gdal-dev] armadillo error with homebrew install of ogr2ogr

John Muccigrosso muccigrosso at icloud.com
Tue Nov 10 11:29:57 PST 2020

Sean wrote:

> If some other homebrew package updated your armadillo library after you
> installed gdal, you'll need to reinstall gdal.

A simple uninstall/reinstall of osgeo/gdal did _not_ do the trick, and all the bottles in the current .rb have the hash, so I assume they're all the same, so I'm not quite sure where to go with the post Sean suggested.

Oddly - to me anyway - the only thing I can see that uses armadillo in brew is osgeo/gdal. armadillo was updated on October 26, so perhaps that's what borked it. I'm not sure there's a way to force homebrew to use a specific version, or not upgrade beyond one.

For now, I've hacked this by creating a symlink from version 10 of armadillo to the desired version 9 filename. Ugly, but works.

John