[gdal-dev] armadillo error with homebrew install of ogr2ogr

Sean Gillies sean at mapbox.com
Wed Nov 11 07:21:06 PST 2020

Hi Paul,

Please be careful about telling people that Conda is a panacea. It's not
true. I maintain several software projects that have conda and conda-forge
packages and I follow several conda-forge repo issue trackers, and I am
here to say that users manage to mess up their conda environments regularly.

Making a stable software distribution is hard. There is no silver bullet.
Conda is not a silver bullet. All distributions that try to provide the
latest versions of software will be semi-flaky. All robust distributions
will have versions that lag a bit. It's like a law of nature.

--
Sean Gillies