[gdal-dev] Call for discussion on RFC77 Drop Python 2 support

Sean Gillies sean at mapbox.com
Mon Nov 16 07:01:12 PST 2020

Hi Even,

On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 7:39 AM Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> any comment on this before we put it to vote ?
>
> Even
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I would like to call for discussion on RFC77 Drop Python 2 support
> > <
> https://github.com/talos-gis/gdal/blob/Branch_rfc_drop_python2/gdal/doc/sou
> > rce/development/rfc/rfc77_drop_python2_support.rst> .
> > Please give your feedback on this PR.
> > <https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/3142>
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > Idan Miara

It makes sense to me. I'm not aware of GDAL needing any features of Python
3.7, so 3.6 sounds good.

Since the project hasn't dropped support for a Python version in a long
time, maybe there should be a plan to warn in code and make announcements
on OSGeo lists? It's only a suggestion. I don't insist.

--
Sean Gillies