[gdal-dev] Adopting Contributor Covenant v2.0 as code of conduct

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Nov 25 06:13:04 PST 2020

Greg,

> I am not following the logic here.  OSGeo has a code of conduct, and
> requires that all projects use it.

I was a bit confused because there are 2 pages:
- https://www.osgeo.org/code_of_conduct/
- https://www.osgeo.org/resources/osgeo-code-of-conduct/

I actually started reading the former that would tend to point OSGeo projects
to use Contributor Covenant. Maybe one of those 2 pages is outdated.

Honestly I don't really care about which CoC we select. We just need (a
somewhat reasonable) one, and above all, not create a new one.

> For now, I'm opposed, and prefer to just add a line in README.md
>
> See [the standard OSGeo Code of
> Conduct](https://www.osgeo.org/resources/osgeo-code-of-conduct/).

I had considered that too and would be fine with it.

Even