[gdal-dev] Clang-format

Javier Jimenez Shaw j1 at jimenezshaw.com
Sat Oct 10 13:17:10 PDT 2020

Hi

I am trying to make a PR ready for release 3.2 (let's see if I am able to
do it).
However, I found it strange that there is no automatic formatting with
clang-format for C++ code.

In this page
https://gdal.org/development/rfc/rfc69_cplusplus_formatting.html it is
suggesting to use it. That would be great! Enabling it in your favourite
editor makes the code nicer, without any extra work. And more consistent!

About "when" to apply it (reformatting *all* the existing code), I think a
good moment could be just before creating a "big" release branch, like 3.2.
Then the backport of bug fixes would be easy (otherwise it is a nightmare).

What do you think?

Cheers,
Javier
Entre dos pensamientos racionales
hay infinitos pensamientos irracionales.