[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr: debugging slow performance when converting .e00 to other formats

Mike Flannigan mikeflan at att.net
Mon Oct 12 14:48:37 PDT 2020

I would try the "Geo::E00" module for Perl.
If you can get the file to me, I'll try it
for you.  Or you can install Perl and try it
yourself.

I just checked my files, and surprisingly I have
no E00 files.  I guess I just convert them and throw
them away, because I remember converting quite a few
in the past.  I also remember that the module does
not work on every E00 file, or at least does not
produce what I expect to see.

The "Geo::E00" module at Perl just produces a text file,
which is what I normally want.

Another option is to use QGIS to convert it.
That may be the best option for you.

Mike