[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr: debugging slow performance when converting .e00 to other formats

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Oct 12 05:07:16 PDT 2020

Jed,

There isn't much to debug. AFAIR, this is a limitation of the AVCE00 driver when
reconstructing linear or polygonal geometries. It has to do lots of seeking in the file, which is
super slow.

You might possibly try the avcimport utility (
http://avce00.maptools.org/avce00/index.html ) to convert the Ascii coverage to a binary
one. I would expect the AVCBIN driver to be faster when using binary coverages as input
dataset of ogr2ogr, but I'm not sure I've even tried this before.

Even