[gdal-dev] JNI error for OpenFileGDB driver in Concurrent environment

Yang dhyfb at foxmail.com
Sat Oct 17 00:44:15 PDT 2020

I am using gdal with java binding in my web application to load .gdb data through the OpenFileGDB driver, however I found that for a single request, it will work as expected, but some JNI related error will occur when multiple requests to be served at the same time, like this:
 ERROR 1: Error occurred in e:\sdk\vc15x64\gdal\gdal\ogr\ogrsf_frmts\openfilegdb\filegdbtable.cpp at line 1333 ERROR 1: Error occurred in e:\sdk\vc15x64\gdal\gdal\ogr\ogrsf_frmts\openfilegdb\filegdbtable.cpp at line 1417 ERROR 1: Error occurred in e:\sdk\vc15x64\gdal\gdal\ogr\ogrsf_frmts\openfilegdb\filegdbtable.cpp at line 1333 ERROR 1: Error occurred in e:\sdk\vc15x64\gdal\gdal\ogr\ogrsf_frmts\openfilegdb\filegdbtable.cpp at line 1417 ERROR 1: Error occurred in e:\sdk\vc15x64\gdal\gdal\ogr\ogrsf_frmts\openfilegdb\filegdbtable.cpp at line 1515 ERROR 1: Error occurred in e:\sdk\vc15x64\gdal\gdal\ogr\ogrsf_frmts\openfilegdb\filegdbtable.cpp at line 1515 ERROR 1: Error occurred in e:\sdk\vc15x64\gdal\gdal\ogr\ogrsf_frmts\openfilegdb\filegdbtable.cpp at line 1346 ERROR 1: Error occurred in e:\sdk\vc15x64\gdal\gdal\ogr\ogrsf_frmts\openfilegdb\filegdbtable.cpp at line 1417
Then the whole JVM will crash. And one of the auto-generated crash log file has been uploaded here: https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/FBr86Qqnqc/

So I wonder if there are any instructions about the usage of gdal java api, for example which resources have to be released at when, and which resources support multiple threads and etc.
 ​