[gdal-dev] How to build GDAL 3.1.3 with sqlite3 3.33.0

Doug Niven dniven at ucsc.edu
Mon Oct 19 19:34:14 PDT 2020

Hi Folks,

I’m having trouble building GDAL 3.1.3 with sqlite3 3.33.0 in Centos 7.

The compile steps work, but the build does not.

I believe this is because of conflicts between the built-in version of sqlite3 in Centos (3.7.17) and the newer one (3.33.0) I’ve built in /usr/local/ and /usr/local/lib

/usr/local/lib, where the sqlite3 library files are, is in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH

/usr/local/bin, where sqlite3 is, is also in my PATH

I’m curious how others have successfully managed to build GDAL with the above in mind.

I’d use the “amalgamated” sqlite3 if I could but need to build sqlite3 with ENABLE_COLUMN_METADATA for PostGIS to work.

Thanks in advance,

Doug