[gdal-dev] QGIS from OSGeo4W crashes with latest update on NetCDF

Pedro VenĂ¢ncio pedrongvenancio at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 05:58:15 PDT 2020

Hi all,

Sorry about the cross posting but today, after the update of OSGeo4W to
qgis-dev 3.15.0-82, I get a QGIS crash both with qgis-dev, qgis-ltr-dev
3.10.10-3 and qgis-rel-dev 3.14.16-3.

I've only looked at Desktop updates and so I cannot say what libs were
updated at the same time.

The crash happens when I try to open some NetCDF file (for instance
http://mf2.ipma.pt/downloads/?latest=arome.2m.relative_humidity&region=PT2
) as raster file, as mesh layer or simply when I open a folder with a
NetCDF file inside Browser.

This is something like this one: https://issues.qgis.org/issues/21162

As it only happens with QGIS "-dev" versions, I believe it can be related
with GDAL 3.2.0dev, but I cannot say what version I had before this update,
maybe from one week or two ago.

Can someone reproduce?

Another issue with QGIS "-dev" versions is related to GRASS. I get this
error message on QGIS initialization, and then I cannot, for instance,
create a new mapset with GRASS Plugin:

GRASS init error: Problem in GRASS initialization, GRASS provider and
plugin will not work : Module built against version 8bcecc9a6 but trying to
use version d8fbd49af. You need to rebuild GRASS GIS or untangle multiple
installations.

I can open two different tickets, but I'm not certain about the right place
to open them.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Pedro VenĂ¢ncio