[gdal-dev] How to build GDAL 3.1.3 with sqlite3 3.33.0

Doug Niven dniven at ucsc.edu
Tue Oct 20 08:11:02 PDT 2020

Well that was easy, thanks Mateusz!

I realize now what threw me off was seeing the following after running ‘configure’

  SQLite support:            yes

But the script was seeing the wrong sqlite3

Anyhow, I’m glad I asked the list, thanks again.

Doug

On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 at 04:34, Doug Niven <dniven at ucsc.edu <mailto:dniven at ucsc.edu>> wrote:

> I’m having trouble building GDAL 3.1.3 with sqlite3 3.33.0 in Centos 7.
>
> The compile steps work, but the build does not.
> I believe this is because of conflicts between the built-in version of sqlite3 in Centos (3.7.17) and the newer one (3.33.0) I’ve built in /usr/local/ and /usr/local/lib
> /usr/local/lib, where the sqlite3 library files are, is in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> /usr/local/bin, where sqlite3 is, is also in my PATH
>
> I’m curious how others have successfully managed to build GDAL with the above in mind.

As usual:

./configure --help
./configure --help | grep -i sqlite

So, you should be able to