[gdal-dev] Compound CRS in shapefile

Javier Jimenez Shaw j1 at jimenezshaw.com
Tue Oct 20 09:52:29 PDT 2020

Hi

When I create a 3D shapefile with GDAL, and I provide as SpatialReference a
compound CRS, it generates the prj file with the COMPD_CS syntax. Ok so far.

However, when I open the shapefile in QGIS, it does not recognize the CRS
at all (neither the horizontal part)

Is that intentional? QGIS is using GDAL to deal with shapefiles, afaik.

I could not find any reference to the prj in the shapefile documentation.

Thanks

Entre dos pensamientos racionales
hay infinitos pensamientos irracionales.