[gdal-dev] DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found

Ivan Lucena ivan.lucena at outlook.com
Sat Oct 24 08:09:48 PDT 2020

Hi Saad,

You probably have followed the steps to use Python2 on Anaconda3 [https://docs.anaconda.com/anaconda/user-guide/tasks/switch-environment/]

But did you install GDAL on both environments independently? Can you run "gdalinfo --version" while "py2" is activated?

We all know that DLL error messages are very misleading, "DLL load failed" might be related to a third part library. But that message doesn't seem to be 32/64 platform.

Worse thing you can do is to uninstall Anaconda3 to start fresh. The installer is not going to work.

Regards,

Ivan