[gdal-dev] NITF DES Data

Matthew Baran matthewsbaran at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 05:31:27 PDT 2020

Hi All,

I would like to extract NITF data extension segment (DES) data using GDAL's
pre-built python packaging.  I'm aware of nitfdump, but that requires my
downstream users to build from source, so I'm looking for something more
integrated.  I see there is a "DES" metadata domain in the NITF driver, but
it's behind the ESRI_BUILD flag, so not part of the packaged release.  Is
DES data excluded on purpose, or is there a contribution I could make to
flesh out DES access in the NITF driver?

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated :)

Thanks-

Matt

--
Matthew S. Baran