[gdal-dev] Opening .dt2 datafiles that do not contain geospatial data

Juliette Behra juliette.behra at umontpellier.fr
Wed Oct 28 01:52:36 PDT 2020

Hello,

I have got black and white image files saved as .dt2 files which I need to open in Python to process some information contained in the image headers. I have installed gdal and related modules to use them in Spyder. When I used the open function, error 4 shows up (saying that the file does not have the right format) and I obtain a NoneType object for the data contained in the file. You will find here a screenshot of how the dataset looks like when open in Notepad++:
[ https://pasteboard.co/JxI8QWd.jpg | https://pasteboard.co/JxI8QWd.jpg ]
Is it because the file does not contain geospatial data that gdal cannot open it? If yes, any idea about how I could open such files in Python? If gdal should be able to open this kind of files, can you please help me to do it?

Many thanks already for your help and answer.
Kind regards,

Juliette