[gdal-dev] Compiling GDAL with ArcSDE support

Marcin Grudzień mgrudzien7 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 09:27:46 PDT 2020

Hi,

I need to compile GDAL with the support of ESRI ArcSDE on Ubuntu 20.04. I already have some experience in compiling a custom version of GDAL. What I need is information what ESRI libraries I need to compile GDAL. My company uses ArcSDE (ArcGIS Server) in versions 10.3.1 and 10.6.1, the data is stored in Oracle and PostgreSQL databases.

I have access to ESRI Maintenance Program, so I tried asking ESRI. They answered that they can’t help me, because they do not support the integration of their solutions with third-parties software.

So again the question to you is what ESRI library I need to successfully integrate GDAL with ArcSDE? Where I can find it? I have access to the myESRI Platform from where I can download most of the ESRI products, but I do not know which of ESRI software packages contains drivers I need.

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,
Marcin