[gdal-dev] Complexity of algorithms

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Sep 2 10:15:56 PDT 2020

Zachary,

The interesting geometry functions are essentially all from GEOS, so I'd
suggest investigating there for information.

https://trac.osgeo.org/geos/

Most GDAL raster operations are essentially linear in the number of pixels
though there are a few things (like hole filling, and polygonization, and
contour generation) that have more interesting properties.  I am not aware
an effort to characterize the complexity of these in the GDAL project
though at least some thought went into complexity analysis when
implementing some of these.

Best regards,
Frank

warmerdam at pobox.com
light and sound - activate the windows | +1 650-701-7823