[gdal-dev] Problem writing with ODS and XLSX drivers

Hernán De Angelis dhdeangelis at comhem.se
Sat Sep 12 12:11:11 PDT 2020

Hi Jeff

Thanks for that. This is what I get after setting "export CPL_DEBUG=ON"

 > ogr2ogr -f ODS test.ods test.shp test
Shape: DBF Codepage = UTF-8 for test.shp
Shape: Treating as encoding 'UTF-8'.
GDAL: GDALOpen(test.shp, this=0x22af9e0) succeeds as ESRI Shapefile.
GDAL: GDALDriver::Create(ODS,test.ods,0,0,0,Unknown,(nil))
GDALVectorTranslate: 438 features written in layer 'test'
Shape: 438 features read on layer 'test'.
GDAL: GDALClose(test.shp, this=0x22af9e0)
Mem: 438 features read on layer 'test'.
GDAL: GDALClose(test.ods, this=0x22ad6c0)
GDAL: In GDALDestroy - unloading GDAL shared library.

Does this indicate something problematic? It does not seem so to me.

/H.