[gdal-dev] Sustainable GDAL initiative and fundraising

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Apr 15 07:08:35 PDT 2021

PSC Folks,

Has work started on an RFC formalizing the NumFocus relationship, and the
sponsorship program?  I'd be interested in helping, though somewhat less in
leading it.  It feels like an important step to make a formal decision via
our PSC procedures.  Potentially we might want to do two RFCs, one for the
relationship with NumFocus (and perhaps with the application being tied to
the RFC), and one defining the sponsorship program.

The use of sponsorship money for maintenance may fall under
https://gdal.org/development/rfc/rfc9_maintainer.html or perhaps we will
want to supersede that.

For those interested, there has been extensive informal discussion of this
effort with the PSC and a few other parties already, but no formal decision
making yet.

Best regards,
Frank

warmerdam at pobox.com
light and sound - activate the windows | +1 650-701-7823