[gdal-dev] Sustainable GDAL initiative and fundraising

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Apr 15 08:08:17 PDT 2021

Frank,

I'm not aware of anyone having started writing new RFCs. I believe the
NumFocus relationship is the most urgent topic, to be effectively in a
position to accept donations, already pledged or new ones. There's a
document with the proposed answers to the application form at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bc5jdpCe1axdyBHxbJnun7e0DTyDoZI_eFYgJYnOhB8/edit
and we'd ideally send it soon. I'm willing to initiate that RFC.

The way the sponsorship program operates has indeed to be defined. RFC9
can serve as a basis. We'd need to extend it to who can apply for
sponsorship and how. In our past informal exchanges, I had drafted a few
ideas about that. I'd appreciate if someone else want to take the lead
on that.

Even